Monday, July 21, 2008

Prayers for Tom Ascol

WE SOLICITE YOUR PRAYERS
FOR TOM ASCOL'S RECOVERY

I have been reading the updates about Tom Ascol following his being hit by lightning. Both Charles and I pray that Tom will have a full, complete recovery, and we hope all of our readers will join in praying for him.

Those of you who wish to keep updated on Tom's progress can do so at Timmy Brister's blog.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008:

On Timmy Brister's blog, he quotes the following from an email by Tom Ascol:

Please pray for me specifically in the following ways:

1. That I will not do or say or neglect anything that will dishonor Christ because of these events.

2. That Donna [Mrs. Ascol] and the kids will be full of faith, hope and joy as we walk this road together.

3. That my faith will not fail, but that it will grow and be strengthened in every way.

4. That the Lord will glorify Himself in specific ways before friends, family, doctors, nurses and others.

5. That God will restore my mental, emotional and physical health; specifically that my central nervous system will be healed.

5 Comments:

At Monday, July 21, 2008 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Brother Bob, Hello!

I have prayed much for Brother Tom and will continue to do so.

I join you in wishing him a full and complete recovery.

Charles

 
At Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Bob L. Ross said...

COMFORT FROM SPURGEON

Charles said...


I have prayed much for Brother Tom and will continue to do so.

From reading the report by Timmy Brister, it appears that Tom is reading and quoting from Spurgeon. That's a good source for comfort. I hope he's reading from one of our own reprints of a Spurgeon volume.

 
At Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:49:00 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Since nothing occurs at random, according to most Calvinists but by God, I'm wondering how they would apply Scripture to deliniate or explain what has happened to Ascol?

Now, Strangbaptistfire is moving on.

What else...?

 
At Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Bob L. Ross said...

UPDATES ON
TOM ASCOL


I noticed that Tom is "Twittering," and you can read this on his blog in the sidebar, which will keep you posted on his recovery.

The link is:

Tom's Twitter

 
At Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:10:00 PM, Blogger Bob L. Ross said...

JULY 30 EUPDATE FROM
MRS. ASCOL


There is an article on Tom Ascol's blog by his wife, Donna,which gives a description of Tom's exprience since the lightning strike.

Go HERE

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home