Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Concerning comments

IF YOU WISH TO COMMENT . . .

I have received some commentary with regard to the posting of comments. In Charles' necessary absence, please note the following:

You may send comments to my email address -- pilgrimpub@aol.com -- and I will be happy to post them on this blog.

From time-to-time, Charles (who has the exclusive facility for the posting of comments submitted via the blog's form by readers) has to be away and is not able to attend to the blog in regard to posts submitted via the form.

Therefore, anyone who wishes to post a comment may email it to me and I will be able to place it in the comments category. -- Bob L. Ross

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Bob L. Ross said...

EMAIL COMMENT:

Bob:

. . . change it to un-moderated comments or allow you the ability to approve comments to facilitate interaction. I have a suspicion that the lengthy duration for comments to post may hinder comments since potential participants lose interest.

This is not a criticism of Charles, for it is proper that he give his attention to his employment demands.

Ian

>>

 
At Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Bob L. Ross said...

YOUR SUGGESTION

Charles inaugurated this blog, and early on I submitted some materials, never having written or commented on any blog before.

Later, for practical purposes, I was given direct access -- Charles promoted me to the position of "Contributor." Charles only, however, has control over comments which are made via the form.

Frankly, I have never had control of a blog and do not know anything about the control of comments. I am not at all sure I would relish it. It appears to be a confining role, if one does the best job of it.

I remain hopeful that Charles will be able to resume more regularity in the management of the posts. But we have to remember that, after all, blogging is only an avocation, not an occupation.

 
At Saturday, November 08, 2008 6:57:00 PM, Blogger Ian D. Elsasser said...

Charles:

Would you consider changing the Comments settings from Moderated to Unmoderated so that comments post immediately? I enjoy interacting with the various articles that you and Bob publish and find that I e-mail Bob to respond because a response will not go up right away.

I am interested in seeing the exchange between participants. I believe it furthers the purposes that you and Bob have for this blog.

You may publish this if you wish, though it is a private appeal to you.

God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home