Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rapture in May?

DID YOU MISS THE RAPTURE ON APRIL 15, 2009?
THEN LOOSEN YOUR SEATBELT FOR MAY 29, 2009

Some of you will probably remember our female acquaintance, Marilyn Agee, who predicted the Rapture in 1998. [see "Are You Ready for the Rapture '98" ]

Marilyn has evidently been making similar predictions ever since, although I must admit that my interest in keeping tabs on her calculations slumped considerably after she had several misses in 1998. I thought about her a few weeks ago, and checked on her website to see what she was currently predicting, and I discovered that we could expect the Rapture possibly on April 15.

I thought about that and was tempted not to file my Income Tax Return since it would be superfluous should I make the Rapture. But . . . on second thought . . . I cogitated that if Marilyn missed so many times in 1998, she might miss again . . . so I went ahead and filed the tax return. I did not think the IRS would accept the excuse that I was expecting the Rapture!

Now, today, I noticed that Marilyn seems to have deciphered that May 29 of 2009 could be the date for the snatching away of the saints. She says:

"If the 2300-day shortened Tribulation of Dan. 8:13,14 starts on Pentecost, May 29, 2009, the Rapture should take place before or on that day." http://prophecycorner.theforeverfamily.com/

Just thought you might like to be prepared . . . just in case Marilyn finally has figured out what Jesus and the Apostles did not know. Mark 13:32, Acts 1:7.

1 Comments:

At Friday, May 22, 2009 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Bob L. Ross said...

COMMENTS sent to pilgrimpub@aol.com


CHRIS writes:

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually think they can pinpoint the return of the Lord Jesus.

Back in '88 when that guy wrote the book "88 Reasons Why Jesus Will Come Back in 88," I believe a teenager killed herself because she was afraid she wasn't going to be in the rapture and it was supposed to happen that year.
Of course, the dear child was probably emotionally disturbed, but the predictors can really bring damage to people's lives by teaching all this nonsense.

Thanks for keeping us all informed. In case Ms. Agee happened to hit the
day that the Lord had in mind anyway, I'll see you on the way up.

Your brother in Christ,
Chris

****

DEBORAH:

Thanks Bob! Well put. Thanks for the chuckle, needed it. I'm so glad that you sent taxes in rather than telling them the R word.

****

ROBERT:

I guess it would be possible to fill a volume with a list of failed predictions of Christ's return. It seems that some people believe that Jesus' assertion that no one knows when He'll return, except the Father, applies to everyone but them.

****

BROTHER WEBB:

BOB, THANKS FOR THIS; I ALWAYS ENJOY A GOOD LAUGH, AND YOU ARE USUALLY WILLING TO SUPPLY IT.

WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM? I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN THE PRE-TRIBULATION WRATH, AND HAVE TRIED TO BE PREPARED FOR THE LORD'S FULFILLMENT OF 1 THES. 4 EVERY DAY OF MY 57 YEAR PILGRIMMAGE. OF COURSE, THERE WERE DAYS I FAILED IN THE ATTEMPT, BUT THESE FAILURES STRANGELY ENOUGH NEVER DAMPENED MY ENTHUSIASM FOR WATCHING AND WAITING FOR THE COMING OF OUR LORD JESUS. BUT HOW CAN ANY FAITHFUL BELIEVER BE IGNORANT OF THE FACT CLEARLY STATED BY OUR LORD THAT "NO MAN KNOWETH THE HOUR OR THE DAY" OF HIS COMING? I JUST DON'T GET IT.

****

Submit all Comments for the Flyswatter to my email address:

pilgrimpub@aol.com-- Bob L. Ross

 

Post a Comment

<< Home