Monday, November 10, 2008

Planting or whinning?

STRANGE METHOD OF PLANTING
BY THE FLOUNDERS

From time-to-time, I go to the Flounders' blogs (Tom Ascol and Timmy Brister) to see how they are progressing in the proposed "first church plant" by Ascol's Cape Coral church which they announced in September.

I was raised for part of my life on a farm, and I am familiar with the usual procedure for planting crops and gardens. We didn't stand around leaning on our hoes and plows discussing peripheral matters or what's going on with our neighbors, but we worked the ground and did the planting.

It seems to me, from the materials on the Flounders' blogs and twitters that they are in effect "leaning on their hoes and plows." I have not read of any field work and any planting of the Gospel seed, and of course no reports of any souls won to Christ and baptized.

The Florida Flounders appear to be preoccupied with just about everything else but getting out into the field and doing the necessary work. They recently have been wasting time on the Internet whinning about the "John 3:16 Conference," Jerry Vines, Steve Lemke, etc. I've been around a long time and I have never seen a church established by those who appear to be more interested in whinning about "Arminians" than they are in winning lost souls to Christ.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 10, 2008 11:39:00 PM, Blogger Stephen Garrett said...

Dear Bob:

You got that right! Amen! Here, here!

God bless,

Stephen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home